SkinCeuticals Retinol with 0.3% Pure Retinol is ideal as a starting product for those new to Retinol and for those with sensitive skin. Retinol products help stimulate cell regeneration and build collagen to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots from sun damage, environmental and intrinsic aging. Additionally, it helps minimise the appearance of pore size, while correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with acneic skin.
CAUTIONS WITH RETINOL PRODUCTS:
- Retinol is photosensitising therefore when using Retinol you must use a broad-spectrum sunscreen such as Physical UV Defense, Advanced Sun Defence SPF 30 and Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50.
- When using Retinol 0.3% care is needed - please use the product twice a week for the first two weeks to ensure toleration of the product, thereafter, usage can be slowly built up to nightly.
- As a precaution women who are pregnant, breast feeding or intending to become pregnant in the near future should not use Retinol.
- Chemical peels should not be performed for at least six weeks after application of Retinol
- Use of Roaccutane should be discontinued for at least one month before using Retinol.
- Helps reduce appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, blemishes and blotchiness
- Preserves optimal Retinol stability and minimises erythema commonly associated with the use of Retinol
- Ensures maximum amount of Retinol reaches the target site
- Will not clog pores and eliminates the need of additional moisturiser
Technology / Ingredients
- 0.3% pure Retinol
- Dual protection / time-release system
- Unique delivery system based on skin's natural lipid structure
- Light-weight, moisturising formula
How to use
If you have never used Retinol products before, begin with the lowest dose 0.3% Retinol and if your skin can tolerate and if indicated by your skincare practitioner increase to a 0.5% Retinol over a period of weeks to months. Begin by limiting use to twice a week, then gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finally once an evening as tolerated. CONSULT your skincare professional at Face Clinic London by making an appointment at the clinic or calling for advice on 0845 6044 992 for a dosage schedule appropriate for your skin.
APPLY a pea-sized amount of Retinol 0.3% to thoroughly cleansed skin in the evening. It is recommended to slowly pump (prime) the product in order to optimize the amount dispensed. Carefully avoid the eyes and the corner of the eyes. To ensure optimal results, wait at least 30 minutes before applying any corrective or moisturizing products the same evening as applying SkinCeuticals Retinol.
Do not use Retinol products if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not use if taking prescription acne medication, or if undergoing a skin peeling regimen.