A chemical peel is a skin treatment that is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the skin. A chemical solution is applied to the face, to peel off the top layers of skin. This unveils smoother, healthier new skin growth.
Superficial chemical peels are a good option for many people as they have a gentler effect and do not give visible skin peeling, inflammation or significant redness compared to medium and deep chemical peels. Superficial chemical peels do not require pain relief, and can be used in many skin types, including darker skin tones, with little or no recovery time – this means no obvious skin peeling and no need to take time off work.
Our Skincare specialist Sophia is a fully qualified beauty therapist with specialist training with SkinCeuticals, Crystal Clear and ZO Skin Health. She has worked in a number of beauty clinics in London as well as with private VIP clients, which has given her extensive skills and knowledge when it comes to all things skincare. Sophia will assess your skin and advise you in the right treatment for your skin type. Every client is treated individually for the best results.
Skin peels are an effective treatment for many superficial skin concerns, including:
- Acne- chemical peel acne treatments exfoliate the skin and allow dead skin cells and excess oils to be removed more effectively. This action unblocks hair follicles and pores and reduces the appearance of pimples, improving the overall skin texture in people with acne.
- Fine lines and wrinkles- chemical peels can reduce these, especially under the eye area and around the mouth in sun damaged or ageing skin.
- Rough skin texture- chemical skin peels can improve rough skin texture by increasing the amount of collagen in the upper layer of the skin.
- Lentigines (large freckles) which appear as dark spots on the skin, also called liver spots, or age spots- a course of chemical peels can lighten large freckles and improve the appearance of sun damaged skin.
- Melasma- is a dark skin discoloration which appears as patches commonly found on the cheeks, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead and is common in women who are taking hormonal treatment. A course of chemical peels can lighten the appearance of dark discoloured skin caused by melasma.
- Hyperpigmentation- caused by excess skin pigment in the skin which can result in uneven skin tone. Chemical peels can lighten and even out the skin tone.
Whilst you may see some very minor benefits after a single superficial peel. We recommend a course of six peels, one or two weeks apart. This will give the best results, as superficial peels are gentler the full benefits of the peel build up over a course of six treatments.
Pre Peel Consultation:
We advise you to book a pre peel consultation two weeks before your chemical peel where Sophia will assess your skin and exclude any medical contraindications.. You will be advised to prepare your skin for two weeks before the peel, as well as creams, treatments and procedures you should stop or avoid before your chemical peel. For further information about these please also read our Chemical Peel FAQ page.
What happens during treatment?
During the peel your skin will be cleansed and toned and the chemical peel will be applied to your skin using a gentle brush, the peel will be left on the skin for between three and five minutes. The procedure is not painful. The total consultation and procedure time is 30 minutes.
Chemical Peel Aftercare Advice
After your peel you may notice that the skin is more red than usual for two hours afterwards and may feel tight or dry. You may also experience some very mild flaky skin for a few days. It is very important to use a sunscreen after treatment, for four weeks to prevent uneven skin tone and excess pigmentation. Please read our full chemical peel aftercare advice and our recommended skin care regime for chemical peels page.
Chemical Peel Cost
- Single Chemical Peel £80
- Course of Six Chemical Peels £400
Prices include an optional pre peel skin consultation with our aesthetic therapist two weeks before your peel. To get the most effective results we recommend a course of six peels one or two weeks apart.
How To Book A Chemical Peel
Peels are performed at our Soho clinic from Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm, to book a chemical peel consultation and treatment please book online, call our Soho Clinic on 0845 6044 992 after 11am.
Alternatively, email us at email@example.com
- Chemical Peel Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Skincare before and after Chemical Peels
- How Can Skin Peels Help You?
- Chemical Peels for Treating Acne